Applications for the 2017 scholarships have now closed. Thank you to all who have made an application for this year's scholarships.
We'll have more information on the 2018/2019 round later this year.
How to apply
The application process has two phases.
- In the first phase, during 2017, you'll register an “expression of interest” -- that is, the intention to apply for a scholarship -- with a brief outline of the project and how your work will help you contribute to your sector and the wider NZEI membership. The selection panel will make a shortlist from the applications received, and then invite those applicants to make a full application.
- If you're invited to progress onto the second phase, you'll write a full application that describes your project and what you hope to achieve in detail. You'll need to demonstrate how your project meets the selection criteria, including how it relates to the NZEI priorities, goals, strategies, and campaigns.
We'll announce the successful recipients at NZEI Te Riu Roa's annual conference in September 2017. They'll receive the scholarship money and, in 2018, will begin and complete their projects.
Phase one applications: your expression of interest
Your expression of interest is a one or two page outline of your proposal providing a brief description of your intended project: what it is about and what you hope to achieve.
You must complete the Expression of Interest Application Form electronically. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5 May 2017.
What happens once I’ve submitted my expression of interest?
- We will acknowledge your expression of interest in writing.
- Our selection panel will determine a shortlist from the applications and will invite this group to submit a full phase two application.
- We will notify you in writing of the outcome of your phase one application.
Phase two applications: being invited to make a full application
If the panel selects your expression of interest progress to phase two, we'll send you a Phase Two Application Form and invite you to submit a full application.
Your full application needs to describe your project, and what you hope to achieve during 2018 in detail. It will demonstrate how your project will meet the selection criteria, including the relationship to NZEI priorities, goals, strategies and campaigns.
You might consider using a mentor for advice in developing a phase two application to ensure that it is professional, links to the selection criteria and follows the expected format. The support staff and early childhood National Executive Advisory Groups will each have a mentor able to assist you. We will send details to those applicants who are invited to submit a phase two application.
- You must email your completed phase two application form to email@example.com no later than 5.00pm Friday 14 July 2017.
- We will only accept applications that use the official application form, and are typed and completed electronically. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
What happens once I've submitted my phase two application?
- We will notify successful and unsuccessful applicants in August 2017.
Friday 5 May 2017, 5.00pm
Closing date for Expressions of Interest
Early June 2017
Successful applicants invited to submit a full application; unsuccessful applicants advised.
Friday 14 July 2017, 5.00pm
Closing date for phase two applications
Successful and unsuccessful applicants for phase two advised
Scholarship recipients are announced at NZEI Te Riu Roa Annual Conference
Scholarship money deposited in recipients’ bank accounts
Recipients presented with Scholarship Certificate by their Area Council/Branch
Milestone Report due
Project completed, Final Report received at NZEI National Office before the end of December 2018.