About The Centre of Educational Excellence and Te Kete Aronui.
The Centre of Educational Excellence is an incorporated society, set up to:
- promote, support and lead creativity and innovation in education in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- stimulate effective teaching and learning environments.
- promote practitioners’ professional voice and participation in policy-making and implementation.
- increase practitioners’ capacity to work collaboratively, within and beyond their own settings.
- represent and promote the interests of members of the Society.
Read the Rules of the Centre of Educational Excellence Incorporated
The Centre of Educational Excellence is governed by its own Board with the following membership:
- Louise Green, President, NZEI Te Riu Roa (Chair)
- Judith Nowotarski, Past National President
- Te Aroha Hiko, Te Reo Areare
- Rikki Sheterline, National Executive
- Paul Goulter (Secretary Treasurer)
The Centre of Educational Excellence has set up Te Kete Aronui to be the home of professional development for members of NZEI Te Riu Roa.
NZEI Te Riu Roa members have a long tradition of leading their own learning. With Te Kete Aronui, it is in a better position to:
- support members to set and pursue their own professional development needs.
- provide better co-ordination of learning opportunities, and sharing professional learning across all members, whatever their roles or organisations.
- provide the support to ensure quality learning experiences and information gathering.
Do you want to ask a question or make a request for professional learning and development?